West end of nave
The panel lists the names of nine men of St Giles’ church and the Parish of Stoke Poges who lost their lives during World War II. Their surnames are – Alfred, Belson, Bright, Devereux, Edmonds, Hartley, Hazell, Pitkin and Winter. The location of the window used to be the West door into the nave.
The Diocese of Oxford faculty to instal the panel is dated, 17 November 1953. The craftsmen who made it were Christopher R. Wallis and Lawrence S. Lee. Their initials can be seen in the lower right corner of the panel. Directly above the commemoration is the Diocese of Oxford official blazon. To the right of the blazon is a panel known as the ‘bicycle window’ which had been in the cloisters and is believed to be from the 16th century (possibly made in 1541).
Chancel – North West
The simple panel is near the altar. It commemorates both men and women who died during World War II.