George Godolphin Osborne, 8th Duke of Leeds. In 1824 he married Harriette Emma Arundel Stewart at the British Embassy in Paris. In 1859, he inherited the Dukedom of Leeds from his cousin Francis. The Godolphin Osborne family owned Baylis house, in that period of time it was in the South of Stoke Poges Parish. He died at his home where he had lived for most of his life at Gog Magog Hills, Cambridgeshire in 1872. He is buried in St Giles’ churchyard.
Motto: Pax in bello – Peace in war
Heraldry: All black background. Quarter, 1st and 4th, Quarter ermine and azure a cross (Osborne), 2nd and 3rd, Azure three cinquefoils between nine cross crosslets argent (Darcy), impaling, blank, filled with diapering. All on a doubleheaded eagle sable langued gules, with an imperial crown above Duke’s coronet Crests: 1. A heraldic tiger statant or maned and tufted sable 2. A dolphin naiant sable, with motto above, Franc ha leal eto ge 3. On a chapeau gules and ermine a bull statent sable, armed, ungules and tail tufted. Supporters: Dexter, A griffin, ducally gorged azure Sinister, A heraldic tiger argent, ducally gorged azure