Howard Henry Howard-Vyse was the son of Colonel Richard Howard-Vyse and Julia Joliffe of Stoke Place, Stoke Poges. He was a businessman who was involved in the development of Slough to the southern edge of the Stoke Place estate.
One of Colonel Richard’s brothers who had also been brought up at Stoke Place was Revd. Granville Howard-Vyse. Granville was the long term vicar of Boughton in Nothamptonshire. He lived at Boughton Hall which was one of the other Howard-Vyse estates. Granville’s only daughter was Mabel. In 1882, she married Howard: cousins. Their eldest son was Major General Sir Richard Granville Hylton Howard-Vyse.
Major General Sir Richard was the last member of the Howard-Vyse family to own Stoke Place. Upon his death in 1962, the house was eventually sold to Eton & Rural District Council. So the Freehold for Stoke Place has been with South Buckinghamshire District Council and in 2020 with Buckinghamshire Council. In 1938 Sir Richard was present at a special service in St Giles’ church when the old standard of the Royal Horse Guards, The Blues, was lodged in the Church, marking the long association of the Howard-Vyse family .