West upper window in nave
The panel was donated by Edward John Coleman (1834-1885) of Stoke Park to remember his father, James Edward Coleman. It illustrates the biblical nativity scene, the birth of Jesus, three women with food and the three Kings bearing gifts. In 1869 the whole window was made by John Hardman & Co, according to their order book records. This was the year after the death of James.
In 1863 Edward John Coleman bought the Stoke Park estate, including the adjacent Manor house. He was Lord of the Manor of Stoke Poges from 1866 to 1885. He became bankrupt and sold the properties in 1883. He moved to Ryde on the Isle of Wight where he died and was buried in 1885. His father who was an accountant, died in 1868 at his home in Park Crescent, Regent’s Park, London. He has the highest tomb in St Giles’ churchyard, tucked away, beside the west side of the cloisters.